Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Old Stomping Grounds

Last weekend Tom and I went to Ames to watch ISU take on California . . . yes, you heard that right, my hubby, the jack smack Hawkeye he is, went to Cyclone land.  I think the only reason he agreed to go was because we were going to Great Plains.  Typical guy huh?  Lure him in with food and beer!

After the game I wanted to stop by the ADPi house.  So many memories there that started when I was 7.  All 3 of my older sisters were ADPis so I would go and stay with them, which I of course loved!  My oldest cousin Gina, started the ADPi tradition in 1982 and my youngest cousin Jessica finished it in 2008.  That makes a total of 8 Polking cousins that were ADPi's and all went to ISU (26 consecutive years of having a Polking cousin in the house).  We can make that 10 cousins as our "kind of cousins", Abby and Kelly Snyder were also ADPi's at ISU.  Crazy, huh?  I would just love to go back to college for just 1 week . . .  
At Great Plains.  First beer in a long time . . . I have NO tolerance.





Fred Hoiberg!

I want to go Adpi . . . don't you, don't you, don't you?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment