Monday, January 31, 2011

97 Years Young

This past Saturday my parents, Tara, Ali, Jenna, Krista and I made the trek up to Armstrong, IA for
my Grandma Jensen's 97th BIRTHDAY!!!!!  Can you believe that?  Think about how much this world has changed in 97 years!  We had quite the trip.  Before we left Krista needed to wash her car and as she was getting out with her tall, skinny heels, she bit the dust . . . hard.  I thought for sure she broke something, but thankfully just instant bruises, wet pants and a little smudge on her new jeans.  On the way home we hit snow and got stuck behind a plow going 35 mph on a 2 LANE.  We finally made it out of the snow, ditched the snow plow and then get picked up by a State Trooper (no ticket though, perhaps because Krista was shaking and could hardly talk :)).  After about 3.5 hours in the car with no stop, we were ready to be home!

The party was a good time, we were able to see all of our Aunts and Uncles and some of our cousins.  We also met one of G-ma's friends who has 17 KIDS.  And the kicker?  They had 17 kids in 16 years with only one set of twins.  That makes me tired just thinking about it. 

Grandma definitely does not look or act 97!  If it weren't for her bad knees, she would still be up moving around.  I was once asked in an interview who I looked up to most and instantly I said my Grandma J.  She is an amazing women who has been through so much in her life, yet she still has strong faith in God and has never given up.  She lost her husband to cancer (20+ years ago), one of her sons to a long battle of cancer and her youngest son was killed in a motorcycle accident.  I can't imagine continuing to have faith in God after putting me through all of that and I would certainly want to give up.  I know I screamed many things at Him when we lost our little Jack and I still question Him, why and I probably always will. 

4 Generations (this was a few months after G-ma was very sick).  My sister, Tara took pictures from Saturday and uploading photos is not one of her strengths, but she looks even better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment