Sunday, December 20, 2009

Once again, as I am writing this I wonder where did the past few months go? Thanksgiving has come and gone and I realized we never said what we were thankful for at either family Thanksgiving. I take that back . . . I did say I was thankful for Sonya and while I am extremely thankful for Sonya and all my sisters for that matter, I have many other things to be thankful for this year. In fact, despite a few bumps in the road, this year has been our (I am speaking on behalf of Tom and myself :)) best year ever and I think you all know why. :)

To start my thankful "list" off . . . I am thankful that I had a very easy pregnancy/labor/delivery and an amazing husband who was right be my side through it all. What made this the best year of all is welcoming our beautiful/healthy/happy son into our lives. All of the cliches you hear parents say about their babies are all true!! He makes our heart melt all day, every day and we are so thankful God chose us to be his parents! It is so fun watching him grow and seeing that personality of his come out. He truly amazes me and I love being a Mom.

On behalf of Will - he is very thankful for everyone that came to meet him and for spoiling him with all the presents. He couldn't have better Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, adopted Aunts (name I give my close friends :)) and family friends that love him so much. With all that being said we are very thankful to have such amazing/supportive family and friends that I can't imagine my life with out!

Onto Christmas . . . :)

We had Polking Christmas at my parents yesterday and what a great time we had, but boy did it go by WAY too fast! It was fun to see Will get excited with his new toys (OK, Will gets excited about anything you stick in his face) and he was definitely spoiled! I think his favorite was Tickle Me Elmo - he just cracks up every time Elmo starts to laugh/vibrate.

Will was mesmerized by all the action from my nieces/nephews that range in ages from 7 years - 9 months . . . the 4 sisters jabbering loudly about God knows what . . . the brother-in-laws bickering about whose quarterback is better (one is a Viking, another a Packer and the hubby is a Bears fan) . . . Mom keeping herself constantly busy entertaining this family of hers that has more than doubled in size and last but not least my Dad making sure my 95 and 86 year old Grandma's had plenty of wine in their glasses. :) I can't imagine it any other way and find it hard to believe that next year Will will be the one starting all the action with his cousin Jenna! :) What did we do for entertainment before kids?

We truly have had an amazing year and we are looking forward to what 2010 will bring. As time goes by so fast I have definitely realized more than ever that life IS too short to let small stuff get to you and you really do need to enjoy your life as much as you can, be grateful for all that you have and keep the people that make you a better person as close as you can.

Enjoy the new pics and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Love, LAURA, TOM AND WILL








































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment